The Second Round is about to go down here at the Ursta house and I could not be more ready to dive in! A few months ago I had a lot of feedback about my progress with Whole30 when I completed it the first time. Are you wondering what it’s all about? Wondering if it’s a good fit for you?
The program sat on my shelf for a year before I decided to actually do it. It was intimidating. Who in their right mind gives up all sugar, white breads, and wine for thirty days, willingly? Certainly not this chick.
Until I really started to not like the way I was feeling. I noticed that my body wasn’t tolerating some foods like it used to, and my usual high energy was seeming to dwindle. So eating as clean as possible has always worked for me, until I started to notice the cheats and treats were always finding a way into my system.
I had to cold turkey QUIT! Here’s the deal with Whole30.
- No cheats
- No grains
- No alcohol
- No sweeteners
- No processed, artificial, chemical anything
It’s not a diet. It’s a program to help you optimize your natural health. It’s a program based on helping you achieve results that begin on the inside. Most of the changes can’t be seen. They are felt.
My Results the First Round?
Overall, I’ve lost a total of 9 pounds, and four inches from my waist! I have no afternoon fog, and I have an insane amount of natural energy! I feel lighter, and my clothes are fitting me better! I I also feel alleviated from my urge to constantly eat sugar. (This was my primary reason for starting the program!)
What Am I Looking to Achieve through the Second Round?
Over the next 30 days I am going to complete the program for the second time! This time, I am looking forward to:
- Deep, sound sleep
- Clear skin and a bit of a glow
- Weight loss
- Loose clothing
- Enjoyment of healthy foods
- Cravings totally gone
- Clarity and Improved Focus
- No aches in my neck
- No bloat
- Freedom from food addiction
What Am I Going to Do Differently?
1. The biggest regret I have after completing Whole30 is that I didn’t follow the second part of the program effectively- the part where you slowly incorporate some of your old foods back into your diet. As the holidays approached, I found it difficult to say no to some of my favorite treats. With the program, I never felt tempted. I never cheated, and I felt accomplished each day! I plan to continue on with Whole30 for at least 60 days!
2. I also have decided to complete the program Max30 with Whole30! This is by far one of the most difficult programs for me. I’ve spent a lot of time training with programs like Hammer and Chisel and Core De Force, but Max30 is a totally different level! I am so ready for the challenge!
3. My mom and older sister decided to come on the journey with me! They are on day one right along side me and Mike!
I will be documenting my progrress over at One Fit Fighter on Facebook. For more on my Whole30 Journey, click below!
Want to work with Katy? Complete the application for more information about her upcoming virtual challenge groups.
Fill out my online form.