This Slow Cooker Clean Eating Sea Salt Fudge is a great alternative to a family favorite. The holidays mean temptation is everywhere. At least with this recipe, you are indulging without all the extra fat and calories!
Use a high-quality dark chocolate for a special indulgence! Note: Be sure to shake the can of coconut milk for several seconds before opening to ensure the right consistency.
- 2-1/2 c. dark chocolate chips, like Ghiaradelli
- 1/4 c. coconut milk, canned
- 1/4 c. raw honey
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- crushed walnuts
- Generously grease a 2-quart slow cooker with coconut oil or you can use non-stick spray or a liner also, if you are not looking for a “Clean Eating” version of this recipe.
- Add chocolate, coconut milk, honey and a dash of sea salt to slow cooker; stir to combine. Cover and Crock on LOW 2 hours without stirring. DO NOT LIFT LID!
- Turn slow cooker off and remove lid. Add vanilla and walnuts if desired, stirring to combine. Cool in uncovered slow cooker, until fudge has reached room temp. (approx. 3-4 hours).
- After 4 hours, stir fudge for several minutes until the sheen that was on top is all gone. Pour the fudge into a greased 1-quart glass dish.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Sprinkle fudge with sea salt and walnut (optional)crumbles prior to cutting into small pieces and serving.
|Step Four: Stir well!|
|Step Two: This smells amazing!|
*I suggest adding just a little more coconut milk over the suggested 1/4 cup!
Stay Tuned for more clean alternatives to your holiday favorites!