Everyone at one point or another gets bored with what they are snacking on! So instead of letting you get the the point where you just grab the first unhealthy food let’s brainstorm some great options. You can print out this list and store it in a safe place so that when the time comes and you want to get creative you have all the tools right in front of you!!!
Why you should eat snacks? You should aim to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and 5-6 times a day. Each meal should be around 200 to 300 calories depending on your weight loss goals and body composition! But you are not gorging yourself 6 times a day you are controlling your portions and the quality of food that you eat!!!
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ 1/2 cup blueberries or other berries and a drizzle of agave nectar for sweetness.
- 1 apple and 14 raw unsalted almonds
- 2 cups of celery and 1-2 tbsp all natural peanut butter (the only ingredient should be peanuts)
- 2 plain unsalted brown rice cakes with 1-2 tbsp all natural peanut butter.
- 1 cup of carrots and cucumbers and 1-2 tbsp hummus
- Protein Shake- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 12-14 oz water, frozen fruit.
- 5 egg whites with salsa and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
- 1 whole grain tortilla with 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter and 1 banana sliced, create a roll up.
- 1 bag of edamame
- 2 cups sugar snap peas and 1-2 tbsp hummus
- 1 cup strawberries and a handful of raw unsalted cashews
- I have a whole list of snack ideas include protein bars, meatloaf muffins, and smoothies on my eat clean recipes tab!!
- 20 grapes and 1 low fat cheese stick