|This is Nicky’s Masterpiece!|
One of the women in my challenge group, Nicky Robinson, always has the most AMAZING recipe ideas. I don’t think of myself as much of a cook, but I love being inspired by others’ culinary masterpieces! Nicky, I will let you know how this turns out!
- 2 lb. bag of uncooked, deveined shrimp
- 1c. low-sodium chicken stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- 8 tbsp. orange juice
- 4 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. or so cornstarch (optional if you like a thicker sauce)
1. Devein and peel thawed, uncooked shrimp. Season with garlic and herb Mrs. dash (or whatever you prefer), sea salt, and pepper. refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Chop your choice of veggies and stirfry in a bit of olive oil in a wok. (i loooooove my wok). when cooked through, remove from wok and keep warm in bowel
3. Whisk together the liquid ingredients and garlic. If you want a thicker sauce reserve a bit of this mixture in a measuring cup and whisk with the corn starch.
4. Stir-fry 1 sliced onion in olive oil in wok til mostly done. add the shrimp and cook til just pink. DO NOT OVERCOOK!! Remove from wok and put in bowl with veggies
5. Put the liquid mixture into wok and heat til boiling. add a bit of corn starch mixture til the desired thickness (use a soft whisk in a non-stick wok)
6. Add the shrimp and veggies and heat through. Serve over brown rice.