- 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 3 tbsp minced onion
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups spinach, rinsed, packed and thinly chopped
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, eggs, oat bran, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, basil and onion. Shape mixture into 3/4 inch balls and set aside.
- In a large stockpot, heat chicken broth to boiling. Stir in spinach, carrots and meatballs. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. cook, stirring frequently, at a slow boil for 10 minutes, or until the meatballs are no longer pink.
- Serve hot with the rest of the Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
So, I thought that the meatballs were to mushy so I would suggest baking the meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Then, add them to the soup and cook the rest of the way. I would also add additional carrots into the soup! The soup had great flavor and I absolutely loved it!
Nutritional Info: (serving is 1 cup)
Calories from fat: 6
Protein: 17 g
Total Carbs: 9 g
Total Fat: 7g
Sodium: 609 mg
This recipe was found in the Eat-Clean Diet Favorites Magazine by Tosca Reno!