Summer is here. It's Time to be 6 AM Selfish.
The diaper bag?
I didn't even know it was missing.
I had gone 2 weeks without a diaper bag.
I had no idea.
But let me back track for a minute and start by telling you that I have royally screwed up motherhood. I mean, the crisp magazine, shiny images of motherhood has always been lost on me.
I would make a ridiculously good real life transformation for Pottery Barn, but let's be honest... I don't pottery barn. The transformation would be lost on the Ursta clan.
I Target. I Marshalls. I Kohls.
I DO NOT Pottery Barn.
Now combine that with the fact that:
I am the mom that needs to be reminded of every email at least 50 times.
I am the mom that has forgotten the field trip permission slip.
I am the mom that rarely gets to the bus stop with my teeth brushed or my hair combed.
I am the mom who refuses to match socks so they NEVER match. I mean ever.
I am the mom puts my 6 year old in 3T pants because they still sorta "fit."
I am the mom that tries really hard to get her kids to eat healthy but every once in awhile they eat jelly beans for breakfast.
I am the mom that has had to run the washer about 3 times per load because I forget about it.
I am the mom that has a messy house, stains on the carpet, crayons on the wall, and knicks on every wall in the house.
I am the mom that other moms probably look at and say, "Oh that's so cute. But she really is trying."
I am a mess of a mom and I AM DAMN PROUD OF IT.
For the last 6 years that I have been trying to navigate the ever roaring rip tides of parenting I have always felt like I was being swallowed alive by the tossing waves.
Until I realized...
My kids are turning out to be pretty damn good.
And so that's what I want to share.
Aside from looking like a train wreck 90% of the time- I am pretty darn MOM-FIDENT.
1. I've learned that moderation is a heck of a lot more gratifying than deprivation.
2I've learned that I am more patient when I make myself a priority.
3. I' ve learned that it is not selfish when I have some me time. My time is 6 am. Every day. No one comes near mama at 6 am.
4. I've learned that failing at motherhood is part of growing in motherhood.
5. I've learned that perfection is a myth.
|Me Time is a Priority|
I am looking for women who:
- Are willing to take 22-30 minutes a day to push play at home with a fitness program we select together.
- Will follow a simple meal plan that is kid friendly and husband approved.
- Will replace one meal with nutrient dense shakeology.
- Are sick of getting asked the question "What's for dinner?" and never having an answer.
- Want to kick some of the bad habits such as- negative self talk to the curb.
- Want to FEEL CONFIDENT at the pool, at the parties, and in the tiny little sundress sitting in the back of your closet.
- Are interested in a JUDGEMENT FREE Environment to talk about the other side of motherhood
I know *GASP* how can I possibly invest $4 in myself is what you are asking yourself?
What if it doesn't work?
I guarantee it.
And I can speak from experience, this could potentially change your life.
The App will be downloadable on June 13th. In order to participate, please complete the application below so that I can message you beforeJune 13th!
*If you miss the deadline and would like to be considered for our next group, please complete the application so that I may provide you with upcoming details.