In the past I have been known as a cake connoisseur. I know my cake and the sweeter the better. So when Mike told me he was going to make a cake from scratch and it was going to be in line with my 21 Day Fix Approved lifestyle, guys I raised an eyebrow.
But I went with it, and I have to tell you...
Because my philosophy is, when it's your birthday, you always eat the cake! Might as well make it good!
1 cup of almond flour
1/2 cup of coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 unsalted butter (recommend organic)
1 cup raw honey
4 large eggs
1/4 cup + 3 TBL unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup of cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Coat a 9 inch pan with baking spray
3. Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Cream together 1/2 cup of butter and 3/4 cup of honey in medium mixing bowl; beat on medium speed for one minute.
5. Add eggs one at a time; beat until blended
6. Add 1/4 cup of almond milk and extract. Beat until blended.
7. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture; beat until creamy.
8. Pour into prepared pan.
9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on baking rack!
While that cools...
10. Whip remaining butter in a medium bowl; beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until creamy.
11. Add remaining 3 TBL almond milk to butter; beat until well blended.
12. Add cocoa powder slowing. Scrape bowl occasionally.
13. Slowly add remaining honey while beating on medium speed.
14. Once cake is cook, evenly speed with frosting. Cut into 12 slices.
*You can get almond flour at Aldi's or make your own by using a food processor.
|Always Eat Your Cake!|
For more recipes head over to the recipes section HERE!