So when I finally decided to try spaghetti squash as an alternative to my carb cravings, I have to tell you honestly, it was amazing! There are so many different ways to spice it up. Here's where I took it!
- 1 whole(s) (about 4 lbs.) spaghetti squash
- 4 (about 12 oz. total) Italian style turkey or chicken sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoon(s) Parmesan cheese (optional)
- your favorite Italian seasonings... garlic, parsley, oregano, etc...
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup(s) (chopped) baby spinach
- 1 TBL Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist a 9" x 13" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and place cut side down in baking pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until tender.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool slightly. Remove squash from pan and, using a fork, scrape out flesh back into pan; spread out evenly.
- Mist a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Crumble sausage into skillet and cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink, breaking into small pieces with spoon. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese and herb seasoning over squash. Top with tomato, spinach and crumbled sausage; sprinkle with remaining cheese and herb seasoning. Lightly coat the mixtures surface with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes more!