So while Mike is busy building muscle, I benefit from some amazing nutritional dishes that are sure to please even the pickiest husband! I modified the original recipe just a little! Enjoy!
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
4 TBL water
1 TBL honey
1 tsp ginger
1 pound top sirloin beef, fat trimmed, sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
4 cups of broccoli florets (I prefer fresh.)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp. sesame oil
sesame seed (optional)
1. Combine soy sauce, water, honey and ginger in a bowl. Add meat and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Boil water, and add brown rice pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente and rinse with cold water when done.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medim high heat. Add beef marinate mixture, stirring frequently, for at least two minutes or until no longer pink. Remove beef, place in a clean bowl, and keep warm.
4. Add broccoli and garlic to the pan. Cook for two minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to beef bowl.
5. Add brown rice pasta, toss and serve. Add sesame seeds if desired.
**Note: You can also use chicken, shrimp or pork for this recipe. Feel free to add a variety of different vegetables as well. I will be adding mushrooms and zucchini next time!