How many times have you made a New Year’s Resolution that left you feeling like a failure less than a month into the new year? Yes it happens to us all!! I mean it, last year I made a New Year's Resolution to get organized and I literally don't think it lasted 2 weeks! I sit here today with a disorganized desk but a totally fit and clean body! HA how does that work! Some things we are motivated to change and others we are not. But I can tell you that I have joined some Facebook groups for organization and added some organization websites to my favorites. I'm setting specific fitness and organization goals for 2013 and I can already see the shift in thinking happening. There is something about being surrounded by people with similar goals in life that keeps you on track! So this year I want to surround you with positive energy, fitness support, and clean eating lifestyle tips and tricks to get you in shape for the REST of your LIFE!
Let’s stop driving ourselves mad and actually commit to changing our means without worrying so much about the ends. This means let’s stop trying to achieve a “New You” during the first few weeks of the new year and let’s take small steps each month that make positive changes lasting all year (and beyond!) long.
We want everyone to create sustainable change. Start small and build on top of practical goals. Stop being SO results driven. That’s exactly why I have set up my New Year, New You Challenge month by month, and better yet, day by day. Let’s face it, simply saying, “this is my new years’ resolution,” doesn't work. I want you all to be able to say this is my Lifestyle.
Here are the guidelines for our challenge—yes, “our,” which means I am doing this with YOU!
- Each week I will pick a positive topic video related to improving fitness and wellness (mental and physical).
- Focus on incorporating positive habits based on our weekly topic each day during that month.
- At the end of each month, I will pick a New Year, New You Winner based on the results of the previous 30 days.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to fill out a form sharing their 30 day results change for extra points!!
- I will provide tips, motivation, meal plans, recipes, accountability and challenges each day through a closed facebook group ! Which means no one but you can see what is posted or what YOU post.
- Keep yourself and ME updated and stay accountable through social media or email firstname.lastname@example.org also.
- Post pictures and status updates tagged on Facebook for points
- Refer friends to the Challenge for points and free stuff!
- Follow/share on Instagram —KDURSTA #COMMITTEDTOGETTINGFIT2013 We will have a Photo a Day Program going on each month as well. The more you follow the Instagram Photo a Day, the more chances you have to win!
- The more you share, the more we motivate one another!
----->It is important to note that if you aren't into social media and have no idea what a hash tag or instagram is have no fear! You can still be a part of the challenge group. You don't have to do the extra assignments! It's just EXTRA! <------------>
What, you mean you are not solely motivated by incorporating positive changes in your life all year long? Okay, well how about some PRIZES?!?! That’s right, each month we will pick a participant based on the changes and challenges you share to win AWESOME PRIZES from your ME your COACH!!!!!
*If you do not want to participate in optional assignments you must rate your day every day (Not including optional day off Sunday) or will remove you from the group !!! We need everyone to stay active for this to work and be effective !!! This is a Challenge :) I will show up everyday and I expect the same from you !!
Request to join our closed facebook support group here!